Posted by MFRMLS
Fri, 26 May 2006 13:59:00 GMT
Any matter not specifically addressed in these Rules and Regulations shall be governed by the policies and procedures set forth by the National Association of REALTORS® as from time to time amended as well as the Policies and Procedures established by MFRMLS.
back to top
Posted by MFRMLS
Mon, 05 Jun 2006 20:40:00 GMT
Article 10 - Fees and Service Charges
Fees are set by the MFRMLS Board of Directors to offset the annual costs of operating the service and are subject to change from time to time. “On-time payment” is defined as "having been received by the close of business on the Due Date at the regional service center or a local service center." MLS fees are not refundable. All fees are set by the MFRMLS Board of Directors and reviewed annually. This information can be obtained by the MFR staff.
A. Participant Application Fee: An Application Fee will be charged to any shareholder member broker or non-member broker joining as a Participant.
B. Participant/Subscribers Reinstatement Fee: A Reinstatement Fee to the Participant and User will be charged upon reapplication to any Participant/Subscriber suspended or terminated for non-payment of fees or charges or who terminates their membership. A Reinstatement Fee on all past due invoices must be brought current before reinstatement will be considered.
C. User Application Fee: An Application Fee will be charged to any shareholder user. This fee doesn’t apply to any Participant paying the Application fee to join.
D. Unlicensed Assistant Fees: Upon submission of required application form for broker, office or agent personal assistant, there will be an application fee and an annual renewal fee. Unlicensed assistants are subject to the rules and regulations.
E. Annual Participation Fee: An annual Participation Fee is assessed to Participants and non-member (“Thompson broker”) Participants based on the number of licensed salespersons, licensed or certified appraisers and broker salespersons who have access to and use of the Service, whether licensed as a broker, salesperson or a licensed or certified appraiser, and who are employed by, or affiliated as an independent contractor with, the Participant.
1. Direct User Billing: As a courtesy to Participants, Subscribers licensed with them are billed directly for that portion of the Participant’s Annual Participation Fee attributable to them. However, Participants are ultimately responsible for payment of the total fee.
2. Due Date: Annual Participation Fees are due by close of business on May 15th each year. Participants or Subscribers whose payments are received after this date will incur a late fee for payments received after the due date. Any payments received after May 31, will incur an additional reactivation fee and MLS and services related to the MLS will be suspended on June 1 until all required payments and late fees, if applicable, are paid.
3. Suspension of Service to Participants/Subscribers: Participants and/or their Subscribers who fail to pay by 5:00 p.m. on the May 15th Due Date will have their individual services suspended. The account will remain suspended until their portion of the Participation Fees and reactivation fees are paid. 4. Termination of Participant: Failure of the Participant to ensure payment of the total Participation Fee and any Late Fees within 45 days after the due date will result in termination of the Participant’s membership and the immediate termination of service for the Participant and all Subscribers in the Participant’s firm, including the Participant and any Subscriber who may have paid their individual portion of the total fee. Participants terminated for non-payment may regain membership by settling any outstanding fees or charges and paying the Reinstatement Fee.
F. Service Center Fee: In the case of a non-member Participant/Subscriber, the Board of Directors will establish an additional annual service center fee payable to MFRMLS.
G. Miscellaneous Fees: These are any charges other than Annual Participation Fees such as fines, account activation fees, convenience fees, personal assistant access fees, ancillary service fees, late payment surcharges or any other fees charged to a Participant or Subscriber as set by the Board of Directors.
1. Late Payment Penalties: Failure to pay miscellaneous charges by the due date shall result in a one-time ten percent late fee and suspension of the individual’s service once the account is past-due.
2. Termination for Non-Payment: Failure of the Participant to ensure payment of the original miscellaneous fee invoices and/or surcharges within 45 days of the due date shall result in the Participant and all Subscribers in Participant’s firm being terminated. The Participant is responsible for payment of all fees for subscribers in their firm.
H. Ancillary Service Fees: Fees and charges for additional, optional or ancillary MLS services are determined by the Board of Directors and billed to the Participant or Subscribers at the periodic payment interval established by the Board of Directors.
back to top